Thursday 21 February 2013

Finding a balance

As I dash through the last bits of the modules, I wonder if I am ready to embark on the next step. I thought about how my Seniors would embrace all this online learning and technology. We have a Seniors class in our center. They are all well-educated, articulate and very feisty! It goes without saying that while they enjoy the social aspect of the class, they are very self-motivated learners. I often chuckle to myself when I can't get them to put down their pencils to take a break at 10:30! I have young adults facing many a year in Canada ahead of them who can't sit still as the hands of our clock....ever so slowly....tick....towards coffee break!

Contrary to what most think, I could see the Seniors taking to the technology we have covered in class. In my opinion, if they are in a language class in their seventies, they are willing to take on any language, computer or otherwise. In fact, imagine how useful a wiki or a blog would be to a Senior who is homebound. I can only imagine how many comments I would get on any given point.

One day I have to introduce a blog and see how that goes...stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment